ASSISTANT CLERK AND PROJECTS OFFICER
Council: Street Parish Council
Salary: SCP 17 £23,836 pa
Full Time 37 hours a week preferred, job share considered –
(some evening work required). This is a permanent appointment.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and committed person to join a small and active team working at the heart of a vibrant Somerset community.
If you have:
- Good organisational and project planning skills
- Excellent communication and IT skills
- A sound understanding of financial systems
- A confident, sensitive, friendly and polite manner
- Discretion and ability to deal with confidential matters
Yes? We have an exciting opportunity to develop a new career!
Working in the council offices, just off the High Street, you will have a key role, working with a newly expanded team of Councillors who are keen to improve their community.
Responsibilities to include:
– Undertaking all aspects of the Council’s work including attending
meetings, preparing agendas and reports (some evening work required)
– preparation of financial reports
– implementation of specified projects
– bidding for grant funding and achieving best value for contracts
For further information and an application pack, or for an informal discussion about the role, please contact Linda Ruff, Parish Clerk on 01458 440588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: Midnight 12th September 2019 Interview: 26th September 2019
Street Parish Council is an equal opportunities employer.
Entry into the Local Government Pension Scheme is offered to all employees.